Gas lifts can be rather tricky to remove, especially on an older chair that has been in use for a long time.
The handy gas lift removal tool will assist with removing your chair’s gas lift without the need of excessive force and the possibility of damaging the chair seat or chair base. The tool consists of 2 sets of sleaves for removal of the gas lift from the chair base as well as the bottom of the seat.
- Durable: The office chair cylinder removal tool kit is made from durable stainless steel.
- Easy to use: This tool is easy to use and eliminates the need for a rubber hammer or locking wrench/vice grip.
- No other tools are required: This tool set is all that you’ll require to remove the chair gas cylinder.
- Universal size: The tool is a universal size and works with most standard gas lifts, including most office chairs, stools, executive chairs, and gaming chairs with a cylinder diameter of 28mm (smaller top section) and 55mm (wider bottom section).
- Bring your old office chair back to life: When the gas cylinder fails, it becomes difficult and unpractical to use a chair. Extend the life of the chair and save the cost of buying a new chair by replacing the gas lift.
How to use the tool:
- Hint: Using some Q20 or other lubricant or oil before starting the removal process can make it easier to remove the old gas cylinder.
- Add the ring collars onto the top section of the gas lift just below the chair seat. Use the collar without the 2 screw holes at the top.
- Tighten the lower shaft collar (with the 2 screw holes) and leave the upper shaft collar slightly loose.
- Add the screws, allowing the screws to press against the surface of the upper shaft collar.
- Tighten the screws until the chair pops of the old cylinder.
- For the base, just repeat the process but leave the lower collar, just above the chair base slightly loose. Use the collar without the 2 screw holes at the bottom, just above the base.
- Tighten the screws until the base pops off.
- Package includes 2pcs of small (28mm diameter) stainless steel cylinder clamp shafts, 2pcs of large (55mm diameter) stainless steel cylinder clamp shafts, 4 screws and 3 LM keys.
- The tool is designed to be used with standard gas cylinders with a cylinder diameter of 28mm (smaller section) and 55mm (wider bottom section).
- The tool is made of Stainless steel
Guarantee: 12 months limited
What is in the box:
A chair gas lift removal tool kit, consisting of:
- 2pcs of small (28mm diameter) stainless steel cylinder clamp shafts
- 2pcs of large (55mm diameter) stainless steel cylinder clamp shafts
- 2 small screws for use with the smaller sleeves
- 2 bigger screws for use with the bigger sleeves and
- 3 LM keys.