Kneeling chairs have been in use for many years. Ideally used for shorter periods at a time, a kneeling chair offers an alternative seating position to break up those long hours of being stuck at your desk into shorter, more manageable sessions.
A kneeling chair is different from any other normal ergonomic office chair, but unfortunately not everyone will find it comfortable. It offers no support for your lower and upper back while seated and distributes the weight of sitting between your bottom, upper legs and your knees.
It can offer a short-term, alternative position that can bring comfort and relief to some users, depending on their specific needs and underlying cause of their discomfort or pain. We generally do not recommend the kneeling chair for use by anyone with knee pain or underlying conditions. It should also not be seen or used as an 8-hour-a-day solution, but rather as an additional positioning/seating option for shorter intervals during the day – normally between 30 minutes to 2 hours at a time.
For users with lower back pain that react well to a change in their posture, the kneeling chair can provide a welcome variation to their static position. The design encourages an upright posture by aligning the back, shoulders and neck while the pelvis tilt makes it very difficult to slouch back into the chair.
Although not suitable for everyone, there are many users that love the kneeling chair and use it with great success as an alternative seating solution for shorter periods of time.
- Sturdy steel frame
- The 60mm nylon castors ensure good manoeuvrability
- Height adjustable seat and knee pads, each with 3 height settings
- Durable fabric
- Automotive-grade, high-density moulded foam facilitates greater comfort and a longer product lifespan
- Simple assembly
- Lightweight construction – the chair weighs only 8kg
- 12-month warranty.
- Weight capacity: 120 kg
- Seat width (left to right): 45cm
- Effective seat depth (front to back): 34cm
- Seat height (floor to centre of seat): Minimum 49cm, maximum 54cm
- Knee pad width (left to right): 50cm
- Effective knee pad depth (front to back): 25cm
- Steel frame
- Chair weight: 6kg
- Total chair height: Minimum 55cm, maximum 60cm
- Total width of chair: 45cm
- The total depth of chair (front to back): 61cm
- Fabric colour: Black
Warranty: 1 year